Join Us On iTunes Podcast!
What a dynamic and powerful kindred Spirit Dyan is. Her remarkable story is sure to inspire the champion in you as it did me.
Join us as we talk about the Treasure oil spill off the coast of South Africa and the heroic rescue efforts that Dyan was involved in.
Learn more about what is happening around the world in efforts to help conserve some of the endangered penguin species, especially the 13 out of 18 species that are now on the endangered list.
I asked, and Dyan answered…
* What caused the Treasure oil spill?
* What was the most challenging part of this rescue? The most rewarding aspect?
* How did you come to be involved in this rescue effort?
* How successful was this rescue effort, and did the birds survive after being released?
* What has happened to the rescued penguins in the ten years since the Treasure oil spill?
* In what ways does oiling harm penguins?
* How does one clean and rehabilitate an oiled penguin?
* Did you go to the Gulf of Mexico to help out after the BP oil spill?
* What is the current forecast for penguins worldwide?
In the end, we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand, and we will understand only what we are taught. Baba Dioum, Senegalese Conservationist
To get a copy of her book, click here: